Constants In C Programming Language are referred to be fixed values that cannot be altered during execution of the program.
Note : Fixed values are also known as Literals
There are few important things regarding Constants n C programming
- Value of Constant cannot be altered or modified.
- It can be treated as variable.
- It can be of any basic data types in C programming language.
Declaration of Constants in C
There are 2 ways to define constants in C Programming
1. By using #define preprocessor directives.
Syntax of declaring constant using #define preprocessor directives.
#define Constant_Identifier Value
2. By Using const keyword in variable declaration.
Syntax of declaring constant using const keyword
const data_type variable_name = Constant;