This ASO Tutorial Step By Step will help you understand the process of improving the visibility of the mobile apps in play store searches so that you get more installations. Thus to beat the enormous competition and make your app more visible leading to more traffic and ultimately more downloads.
What is ASO?
According to Wikipedia “App store optimization (ASO) is the process of improving the visibility of a mobile app in an app store. Just like search engine optimization (SEO) is for websites, App Store Optimization is for mobile apps. Specifically, app store optimization includes the process of ranking highly in an app store’s search results and top charts rankings.
ASO marketers and marketing companies agree that ranking higher in search results and top charts rankings will drive more downloads for an app.”
We live in the age of ‘application revolution’. It has been stated that there are about 2 million applications across the internet today. Across Google Play Store, IOS Store and others, there are numerous amount of apps and the trend will only continue. The task of making things easier comes with daily innovations
So in this world of applications revolution, how do you make your app count? So you have spent a lot of time, energy and money developing an app, you have provided good content that you want to go viral, how do you accomplish that in an app-crazy world?
ASO Tutorial Step By Step
Some say App stores top category and charts as the most important. Others think it is App store optimization. Well, let the data speak for themselves. According to research, App store searches is the source of discovery of 63% of apps. It has been discovered in contrast that only about 10% of iPhone apps are discovered through top category and charts.
Also read: SEO TUTORIAL STEP BY STEP
1. Know your target audience: As with any optimization process, the key is to understand your target audience, what they want and who they are. Do you also need to understand what keywords are they searching for when they are looking for apps? This is a crucial aspect of the optimization process.
2. Choose the right category: According to research, searches in app stores are searched based on category/genre. It is important here not to choose a category that is already saturated. In a saturated category, the ranking is done by a number of downloads which is not easy to contest with the category leaders. Choosing a not too competitive category and yet a category with high search queries is the key. It is particularly helpful to watch out for categories whose trend is showing so much potential
3. Use the right Keyword in title and description: With the right market survey and category, it is time to choose the right keyword that will optimize your app for search. It is important to be very careful and thoughtful at this stage to choose the right one as changing it later one may lead to the loss of some customers.
Use keywords that have high volume of searches yet low level of competition and high relevancy to your app offering. The keyword should be well targeted with your target audience in view. It might also be helpful to see what competitors are doing in this regard. Using keywords in app can lead to about 10.3% increase in rankings
4. Promote your app: In tandem with the App Store Optimization, it is also important to promote your app. Write some quality descriptions on your website with links to your app that can be shared by friends and readers on their social media platforms. Let people see the need for your app
5. Positive ratings: Positive rating is primarily a function of the quality of your app. Therefore, it is important to make sure that your app is well done to fulfill its stated objectives. Make sure that your review is well earned and not just begged for. Have a high rated customer relationship and make sure that you have a feedback option where dissatisfied customers can be attended to. This will prevent negative ratings. Higher ratings are also a key factor in having a higher rank
6. Downloads: If the preceding steps are carefully and rightly done, then this one should fall in place naturally. With more downloads then, you have a better ranking and with a higher ranking, more downloads. This is a continuous process that will put your app on top. This is why app store optimization is essential.
7. Localization: Make App magazine has popularized the importance of localization. David Janner, a part of the team there realized that after localizing his app name and keywords, the number of downloads increased by 700%. The downloads were no longer just from the US but widespread across the globe. Localization is the process where your keywords, screenshots, and titles are in multi-language, that is, a multi-language translation of your app name and keywords. With Google play, localization is made easy especially with the localization checklist
Why ASO is important?
One of the common features in modern world development is the development of mobile technology. This has been made possible by the numerous applications that are being developed. These applications are making life easier, simplifying business processes, automating services and providing comfort in all areas of life so ASO is important to make your app visible.
Top factors to get High Rank in Google play store
According to experts, the following 5 factors are very crucial in getting rank in the Google Play Store.
- Downloads: The more the number of downloads the more the chances of getting rank in searches in Google play store as it shows the popularity of your App.
- Ratings and Reviews: No matter if your app having less number of downloads but if it is having positive reviews and Better rantings then the chances of getting rank in searches in Google play store will be more.
Quality is something that Google is more concerned about and One of the factor for quality is positive reviews and better ratings.
3. Long Installs: The longer your app will be installed by the user, the better it will be in terms of ranking factor.
“Try to make your app interactive and give it a attractive and user friendly Interface”
4.Uninstalls–Frequently Installation of your app by the user can be a very critical thing for the ranking of your app.
5. Social Links– More the Google +1’s or recommendation, better it is for the app.
App store optimization is a unified process that ensures that your app ranks higher on the app store search engine. That is, when customers are searching for apps on the store, it ensures that your particular app comes out at the top. The application store optimization process is very similar to Search Engine Optimization.
However, while Search Engine Optimization has become a mainstay in website development and digital marketing, many people seem to be ignorant of the process and importance of app store optimization.
App store optimization is a very engaging but rewarding process. It is sure a bet for those who want more downloads for their apps. It requires time and effort and continuous practice with improvement. But yes, it is definitely worth doing. Anything worth doing is worth doing well. App store optimization provides that key to competitive advantage in the midst of this ‘application revolution’
Simply remember the above focuses to help control you. It requires investment, and it’s a great deal of diligent work, yet in the event that you stay with it, it pays off.